Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Who can I trust?


There was a girl who approached me once
when I was waiting for a bus at the bus stop.
She invited me to one of her church events.
It was a musical call 'Now I See".
I was really convinced with everything she said and we even became friends at that very time. We even exchange numbers.
I had a really good impression on her.
I trusted her.
Now that I've read the utar freshies' handbook
only I realise she's one of the cult devotees.
I never know that. I almost fall and was being convinced by her.
Thank God I didn't go for their event.
The moment when I came to know the truth,
I don't know why I was filled with so much fear.
My eyes start to well up.
At one moment I felt very fortunate that I didn't go but at another moment, I felt very insecure.
I felt being stupid.
This is not the first time I know I can be cheated easily.
I tend to trust people so easily.
It's my strong point but it is also my weak point.
I can't even differentiate what's right and what's wrong now.
I don't know who to trust here
. Everything is still so alien to me.
I missed my home so much suddenly.
I miss being with my mum and my hometown friend.
It's like a 'used to it' reflex when I start to text my best friend and tell him 'bout it.
I wanted to call my mum so much just now.
And, I did both things.
Listening to them makes me think I'm still a kid.
I'm still very weak to survive out here.
Both of them tell me not to believe people easily.
And I take what my best friend said, he said "you can only depend on God when you are there alone".
I take his words, seriously. I can run to no one except God.
Everyone is away for me... I'm alone here.
It feels so good to chat with this friend of mine again.
We've not been really talking for quite some time.
I'll treasure this moment for life, friend.
Now that I've spilled out,
I felt much better.
With the few person that strike my head first at the time I'm in fear,
I suppose they are the person that I trusted most.
Anyway, thank you mum and friend for your words of advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment