Friday, October 21, 2011

What The Lord has done in me

I was listening to this song "It's what the Lord has done in me".

Let the weak say I am strong
Let the poor say I am weak
Let the blind say I can see
It's what the Lord has done in me

God has been doing a lot of things in my life. I may not have spoken of it but I do realized how He works things out for me. God has richly blessed me with things that even at times I feel I'm unworthy for it. I'm too ashamed to face God for I'm dirty. Very dirty.
I always wonder why God would bless me with good marks in my exams when others who worked ten times harder than me got lower marks. I found my answer today.

Keeran shared a verse with me today.

"Enlarge the place of your tent,
stretch your tent curtains wide,
do not hold back,
lengthen your cords,
strengthen your stakes"

Isaiah 54:2

He explained that the enlarging the tent means extend the church or an organization or even our individual mentoring towards others. Stretching the curtains is to welcome and not to hold back. Facing it courageously with the Lord.Lengthen cords means to extend our connection to our surroundings. It might be the people or the situation. Strengthening stakes refers to the depth of knowledge of God's words which comes with the relationship with God as well.
He asked me which state am I in.
I do not know the answer at that time.
But now as I ponder it once again, I'm at the state of holding back.

I was holding back my heart to go one step closer to the Lord because I'm ashamed.
And the answer to why God has blessed me with all these goodness of getting good grades was because He wanted me to go back to Him.
Challenging me to spend more time with Him by using His goodness to touch me from my broken heart and life,
wanting me to go back to a life that places Him first above everything else.
Above everything includes literally EVERYTHING from studying to serving Him.
It is the relationship that matters.
God is really great.

He is real.
How often do you see SOMEONE overcome your bad deeds with overflowing blessings?
How often do you see SOMEONE coming to your rescue when you call out to him although he knew you sinned against him?
This is my wake up call!






1 comment:

  1. Very inspiring verse! My pastor uses that verse a lot :D

    ReplyDelete